Saturday, January 15, 2011

Voices of the Faithful, Book 2 by Kim Davis and Beth Moore

First, I must share that I am writing this book review as part of the booksneeze.com blog review. The website provides free books and in return, I provide a review of the book. I am not required to give a good review, just an honest one. How cool is that?

Today, I am reviewing the book, Voices of the Faithful, vol. 2, by Kim Davis and Beth Moore. The book is a compilation of 365 devotions based on the experiences of missionaries around the world, one for each day of the year. Each devotion also includes a bible verse and a prayer based on the reading.

At first I was leary of this book, thinking it would be interesting, but not something I would normally purchase. Much to my surprise, I loved the book. Each devotion is short (less than a page for most), making it easy to stick to a daily reading plan. The stories are inspiring and you can see God actively working through each one. Most surprising was the way I found myself applying the writer's experience to my own life and feeling God speaking to me through them.

I also love the prayer at the end of each day, which helps to give a direct area in which to pray instead of just praying for the missionaries around the world as a whole. I love that I can be more specific in my prayers and requests to our Father in Heaven.

The daily readings also help to bring the world mission field to my heart and home. I plan on integrating them into our daily family devotion.

I would reocmmend this book to anyone who is considering it and to those who are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment